Week 16 thru 26 came & went... here we are week 27. I finally met with Paula last Wednesday. Fred was scheduled to come with me, but he unexpectedly had to make a trip to Clinton to rescue his brother with a broken trailer instead. I decided to keep the appointment with Paula for myself anyways.
Our visit was great as it always has been in the past. She asked a lot of questions, trying to get caught up on everything the past few months & we just sat & talked. It felt good to get some things off my chest & to talk about positive things that have happened since the last time I saw her.
Everything is a work in progress for us. Each day is a new day. I'm trying to stay as positive as I can for the sake of my sanity & in hopes to keep a bright spirit to set an example for my family. I do believe that a happy, bright spirit in a person can bring light to others around them, so that's my goal. Even though I don't succeed at this every day, I sure do try.
I'm very happy to report that my wonderful husband has been great about coming home earlier each day during the week to spend time with us in the evening. That's been a huge change from before. I think he started to realize how much he misses with Kayla not seeing her as often & not to mention the time that he & I get to spend together in the evenings is nice as well. He's also helped with a few small projects around the house which is awesome, some of which I didn't even have to remind him of.
Valentine's Day...
My hubby made me a homemade steak dinner, with salad & corn! Yum! Yum! He bought me the sweetest card & the "Breaking Dawn" movie. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better Valentine's Day this year. It was truly awesome! I love you honey.
Even though we still have a lot of challenges ahead, we've most definitely have made some huge strides.
I know this is short & sweet... but for now, that's all I have time for. More updates to come.
Monday, February 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment